Woodturners, Our next meeting is Tuesday, November 4, 2014 beginning at 6 PM in the Lyndon House Art Center, 293 Hoyt St, Athens. The demonstrator for the month is Wes Jones. He is an accomplished turner and is a seasoned instructor. He plans on demonstrating the turning of a platter. If you would like to meet him before the demo, he will be at the Melting Point beginning at 4:45 PM for supper. If you can’t meet him there, please plan on coming to the Lyndon House by 5:30 PM to help in setup for the demo. Look forward to seeing you there.
A few reminders are in order:
- Election of 2015 club officers is coming. We still need someone for president and vice president.
- We need demonstrators for the North Georgia Folk Festival at Sandy Creek Park on October 11.
- Continue to make Christmas ornaments for our club sale on October 25 at the Lickskillet Artist Market. Proceeds go to The Food Bank of North East Georgia. You can also sell your own turned items at this event as long as you agree to work at the club table.
- We need help at the Lyndon House Harvest Festival on October 23 9:30 AM till 1 PM teaching youth about the crafts, tools and techniques of yesteryear.
- The club Christmas party is set for Monday, December 15 at the same place as last year. We had a great time, plenty of food, and free beer and wine. Also, an ornament exchange was fun for some but not all.